[Tweeters] Say's Phoebe in the Okanogan-21 Feb.

Andy Stepniewski steppie at nwinfo.net
Wed Feb 24 13:58:34 PST 2010

Ellen spotted a Say's Phoebe while we were heading up on the lowest part of
Cameron Lake Road, afternoon 21 February. It was flycatching from fence
wires in habitat of Bitterbrush and Big Sagebrush. It was only 43 degrees F!
While not extraordinarily early for the Okanogan (18 February is the
earliest noted in the BC Okanagan per Birds of the Okanagan Valley,
BC-Cannings), it is definitely early as their mean arrival date is 3 March.
I guess there's bugs out at this temp but we're still gonna root for this
guy!

Andy Stepniewski
Wapato WA
steppie at nwinfo.net