[Tweeters] Mass Murder of Crows

Neil and Carleen Zimmerman n3zims at comcast.net
Thu Feb 25 20:43:19 PST 2010

Hello Tweeters,

    After reading  several posts about the crow roost in Bothell, my wife and I headed over there about 6 pm. Like the other postings, we were enthralled by the sight of so many crows. I am not guessing at the numbers, but the movie "The Birds" doesn't have close to the numbers of crows seen at the UW-Bothell campus. Take the new ramp up the hill and park just below the parking garage. We live about 4 miles NW of the campus and every night we see hundreds of crows streaming toward Bothell. The roost location has changed over the years. There must be something about this area the birds find attractive. Besides the Snow Geese on Fir Island, this is the largest gathering of birds I have seen this time of the year. I think Foster Island used to have numbers near 10,000 but I have heard the numbers are down there. It is worth a trip to Bothell to see and hear the crows. Just don't look up with your mouth open.

Neil Zimmerman

Brier, WA
.