[Tweeters] Anna's with something stuck in his bill

Dan Victor dvictor06 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 28 10:46:01 PST 2010

Dear Tweets,

Yesterday we noticed a male Anna's Hummingbird coming to our feeder with something sticking out of it's bill. At first we thought it was his tongue but after viewing it with binoculars it appears to be a bit of something like fishing leader about the length of his bill. He seemed to be struggling a bit feeding but the *leader* or whatever it is would fold back and stick out of the feeder when he gets a drink. This morning the *leader* was still there and he was wiping his bill against branches.

Sure would like to aid this little guy but haven't a clue on how to proceed.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Good birding,

--Dan

Dan Victor, Wallingford district, Seattle
dcv at scn dot org ___.-////
\_>
http://home.comcast.net/~dvictor06/