[Tweeters] RFI: Harlequin Duck Locations

Amy Schillinger schillingera at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 1 16:13:48 PST 2010

Paul,

I lived on Beach Drive for a couple of years just down the street from
Me-Kwa-Mooks park in West Seattle. They were present most of the winter
along Beach Drive. Another place is I believe called Constellation Park and
you can scan the water there. Brant were also present occasionally. To get
there take Admiral Way up and over the hill. Left on 61th. Go through two
round-a-bouts. Left on Beach Drive, both parks are about ½ mile south on
Beach Drive. The long way there would be to stay on Alki Drive and at the
end it curves and turns into Beach Drive. My good friend owns an apartment
building on Beach Drive and I can arrange for you to access their private
bulkhead and beach should you wish, just let me know and I can call and
arrange it for you. The bulkhead is nice for viewing as you can set up
equipment and/or chairs to scan the water. She also lives there and has a
second story waterfront balcony that is excellent for photos and scoping
should that interest you as well. I miss living there!

Good Luck,

Amy Schillinger

Renton, WA

schillingera at hotmail.com