[Tweeters] Water bird numbers [CBC data]

Jim Greaves lbviman at blackfoot.net
Fri Jan 8 12:46:20 PST 2010

How about only 6 coots!? [I'm sure there were more, but I didn't have
any field help this year] Last year we had 1,900 coots! Redheads were
zero this year, compared to over 2,000 last year. The difference, as
I see it, is that we had 95% open water on the lower Clark Fork River
this January, compared to less than 1% open last year, which tended
to concentrate birds a bit, as we saw many hundreds in scattered ice
openings of less than an acre last year! - Jim Greaves, compiler
Noxon-Heron MT CBC