[Tweeters] Before it start's raining,

Ruth Sullivan godwit513 at msn.com
Sun Jan 24 13:22:08 PST 2010

Hello Tweeters,
It is so amazing to watch you yardbirds before the rain starts.This is one
of this mornings for some reason better than other days,when there are no
birds around you looking for a hawk sits,but seldom see.Today I been
watching my feeding area what consist of most all suet feeders,with only 3
feeders with Sunflowers.most all birds feeding on Suet (my own made from
Morrell Snow Cap lard) Cornmeal,crushed Oats,and crushed peanuts,put in Tuna
cans for getting hard in freezer.My Suet feeders are blocks who got deep
holes where you put the suet and the feeders got perches. birds not feed on
Suet ,all Finches, Robins,Towhee ,and Band-tailed Pigeon.
I start watching the feeders at 11.30 AM to 12.15 PM
Here is what I saw on my feeders when it start raining lightly.
Townsend's Warbler 1,one of the birds coming every year middle November, and
staying to middle of April,
Ruby crowned Kinglet 1,
Golden-crowned Kinglet 2,
Chestnut-backed Chickadees 6,
Black-capped Chickadee's 4,
Bewicks Wren 2,
Bushtit,s15, sometime splitting up when there 35 going to the Patio on Suet,
Dark-eyed Junco,5,this birds got so experience to sit on the perch,(there
waiting there turn.when some one leave the feeder,when there staying the
most time to feed)
Purple Finch ,male 1 female 2 (on Sunflower seeds)
Red-breasted Nuthatch 4,
Downy Woodpecker 1(usual I having 2 at the time male and female,there are
long time feeders)

Here some other species in my yard feeding on Feeders
Band-tailed Pigeon,Sunflower seeds)
Spotted Towhee( Seeds )
Song Sparrow (Seeds& Sunflowers)
Seller's Jay ( Suet)
Brown Creeper ( Birth bath only )
I also have 2 Accipiter,an Adult Sharp-Shinned Hawk,and 1 Adult Coopers

Cheers and good birdying in you yard,

Ruth Sullivan