[Tweeters] Alaska - thanks!

Tim O'Brien kertim7179 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 18 22:53:05 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you that responded to my inquiries about birding around Anchorage. Also, to those that helped with my question on how to transport my scope - thank you! The scope survived and I came back with 3 life birds.

Hudsonian Godwit
Arctic Tern
Alder Flycatcher

We didn't go too far away from Anchorage except for a day trip to Seward. The short hike up to Exit Glacier is well worth it!

One note, I saw my first Greater Yellowlegs downy chick as well. It was at Tern Lake and quickly escaped for cover.

The scenery distracted me from the birds a lot while up in Alaska!

Tim O'Brien
Cheney, WA
mailto: kertim7179 at yahoo dot com