[Tweeters] Queen Anne Acorn Woodpecker???

Francis Wood fbwood at u.washington.edu
Mon Jul 19 13:49:40 PDT 2010

Hello Tweeters,

A friend forwarded to me a copy of a last-week's (7/14/10)
article with photograph from the Queen Anne and Magnolia News. The article
by Kelly Sullivan is about a woodpecker drumming a hole in a Queen Anne
home. Paul Bannick's accompanying photo is of an Acorn Woodpecker, and
under the photo is stated "a woodpecker like this one". The article does
not mention specific woodpecker species.

In view of the recent spottings of the Acorn Woodpecker on
Guemes Island and Princeton, B.C., Queen Anne may not be far behind!

Happy searching,

Fran Wood (male)

Try free scan!