[Tweeters] Dungeness Spit

jbroadus at seanet.com jbroadus at seanet.com
Sun Mar 7 17:51:15 PST 2010

Hi tweets:

Report from "serenity." Clarice and I are volunteering as lighthouse
keepers at New Dungeness this week. Were driven out, along with
two other couples we have known for years, and due to the
spectacular weather on Saturday afternoon got immediately in to
leading lighthouse tours, beach cleanup, brass polishing, etc. Living in
the 1904 era house at end of spit.

So far the expected multiple eagles, including the drama of one that let
itself get waterlogged and began swimming, rowing with its wings,
toward shore in the rip. Lost sight of it. Lots of red breasted
mergansers all displaying and playing with their beaks, buffleheads,
harlequins, wigeons, scoters, rhino auklets, pigeon guillemots,
pelagics, on and on. We decided to put up a hummer feeder to see if
we might capture a passing rufous, as we are expecting a strong cross
straight blow by Tuesday, forecast to 47 mph winds. Special place in
the morning. May report later if we see anything. Jerry Broadus, PLS
Geometrix Surveying, Inc.
P.O. Box 249
Puyallup, WA. 98371