[Tweeters] Ivory-bill website

Michael Schrimpf schrimpf at u.washington.edu
Sun Mar 21 13:55:05 PDT 2010

I am usually hesitant to enter into listserv debates, but here are some
ornithological citizen-science projects that I would argue produce "good"
science:

e-Bird: http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
The Great Backyard Bird Count: http://www.birdsource.org/gbbc/
The Christmas Bird Count: http://www.audubon.org/Bird/cbc/
The Coastal Observation and Seabird Survey Team (COASST):
http://depts.washington.edu/coasst/
and there are plenty more...

Granted, many such projects receive either leadership or guidance from
"professional" scientists, but I would hesitate to simply discount all of
citizen-science because of a few projects that are not as rigorous as we
might like.

-Michael Schrimpf,
Seattle

--