[Tweeters] Great Blue Herons and their prey

Scott Carpenter slcarpenter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 21:53:06 PDT 2010

Some more photos showing a Great Blue Heron swallowing (successfully) a
rather large fish, though not as large as the one in Caren's photo:
http://www.westerngrebe.com/GBHE2/ (use arrows at bottom to start slideshow
or manually click through photos). After it finished, it continued hunting.

And the opposite extreme:
http://www.westerngrebe.com/Birds/Ardeidae/GBHE/_MG_3875_lr.jpg

Scott Carpenter
Portland, Oregon