[Tweeters] Eastern Washington Sightings

MEYER2J at aol.com MEYER2J at aol.com
Fri May 28 08:03:26 PDT 2010

Hi Tweets:

During a birding trip through Eastern Washington with friends from Atlanta,
a few interesting sightings were noted. On Thursday, May 27, a Great
Egret was seen on the point at the boat ramp next to the Ginko Park visitors
center, Old Vantage Hwy. Just before arriving there, we had good looks at a
flying Swainson's Hawk. A Black-chinned Hummingbird was seen perched on
bare twigs next the culvert across the road from the Ringer's Loop
Yellow-headed Blackbird spot, Ellensburg. Can't help but wonder if this is the same
hummingbird we saw last year, perched on exactly the same twig. On
Wednesday night we had excellent looks at several Common Poorwill in Robinson
Canyon. Wednesday afternoon, in the pouring rain, we saw a pair of Golden
Eagles on the cliff-face on W. Taneum Road. (page 292, Birder's Guide to
Washington). They were actively calling and interacting with one another. The
rain deterred us from searching for a nest site.

Joyce Meyer
_meyer2j at aol.com_ (mailto:meyer2j at aol.com)