[Tweeters] Flicker flock.

bruce paige BBPaige at nikola.com
Sat Nov 6 19:37:06 PDT 2010

Near Sequim, I came upon a flock of 18 northern flickers in a hedge row of rugosa rose. Every one I could identify was of the red-shafted ssp. There was no specially noticeable concentration of possible food at the site and all flew into the same nearby cottonwood. I can't recall seeing so many together before, and presume they are gathering, possibly from the high country, prior to moving on for the winter. Have others noted a similar behavior in the late fall?