[Tweeters] Long-tailed Ducks, Eared Grebe, Ancient Murrelets

Randy randimal at comcast.net
Sun Nov 7 09:14:57 PST 2010

A quick addendum to Guy McWethy's post. I thought I should mention we saw a
single EARED GREBE near the group of LONG-TAILED DUCKS at Semiahmoo. They
were all straight out from the end of the spit, a little more than halfway
across and basically right in front of the Peace Arch. Also, it was
incredible seeing the huge assortment of alcids at Washington Park in
Anacortes. I was hoping to see my first ANCIENT MURRELET and ended up with
over 100. Memorable day for me as the Tropical Kingbird, Long-tailed Ducks
and Ancient Murrelets were all lifers. Not bad for my first birding trip to
Whatcom and Skagit.

Randy Bjorklund
Federal Way, WA