[Tweeters] Scrub-jays, Yakima County

downess at charter.net downess at charter.net
Wed Nov 10 20:50:52 PST 2010

Following up on Jeff's message on scrub-jays in Yakima County. We live within the city limits of Yakima, but on the western edge. In our immediate neighborhood (i.e. within ear-shot of our backyard) there is a pair of resident (have recorded their presence during every month of the year and most weeks of the year as well) scrub-jays. I have not seen any evidence of breeding yet, i.e. carrying food or seeing juvies but would think the pair has at least attempted a nest or two given that they have been resident here for at least 2 years.

Scott Downes
downess at charter.net
Yakima WA