[Tweeters] Is this a Greater Yellowlegs at NWR?

Bob Sundstrom ixoreus at scattercreek.com
Mon Nov 15 09:56:13 PST 2010

Tony,

The bill as shown in your photo is a great clue for Greater - it is longer
than the head from front to back, pale at the base and darker at the tip,
and bent just slightly upward. A Lesser's bill would typically be finer,
straight, all dark, and about the length of the head. Nice photo of Greater
Yellowlegs.

Good birding, Bob