[Tweeters] Bird sightings

Jill Rucker jrucker at shorelinewa.gov
Mon Nov 15 10:52:23 PST 2010

I'm so exhausted from travel that I haven't had time to add new blog
post but I wanted to let all tweeters know my sightings from Island
County. I added six new life list birds including a BLACK SCOTER (seen
on north side of SR 104 Hood Canal), PACIFIC & YELLOW-BILLED LOONS
(Southside of Port Townsend/Keystone ferry terminal), COMMON LOON (Port
Ludlow Inn resort lagoon), ANCIENT MURRELET (east side of Coupeville
ferry terminal) & BARROW'S GOLDENEYE (southeast side of Clinton ferry
terminal deck). In addition on the Port Townsend/Keystone to Coupeville
run, a fellow ferry rider, her daughter & I spotted an Orca breeching
off the north west side of the stern. I noted a large flock of gulls
circling above the water and honed into the location using my binoculars
to see the dorsal fin as it was swimming. A nice welcome to the Pacific
Northwest - indeed!

"Watch the birdie."

Jill Routh-Rucker aka Luv2bird
Shoreline, WA - King County