[Tweeters] water scoter

Marv Breece mbreece at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 17 12:47:37 PST 2010

A week ago I spent some time in Whatcom County. I found all 3 scoter species close to shore both at Birch Bay and Semiahmoo. I took a lot of photos. Nothing really very good. I took them mainly for review and to get to know scoters a bit better.

I was surprised at one photo I didn't know that I had taken. A White-winged Scoter had disappeared below the surface. The air space where the bird's wings had been were now occupied by water; in an almost perfect reproduction of the outline of the wings.

Marv Breece
Seattle, WA
mbreece at earthlink.net