[Tweeters] Two Rose-breasted Grosbeaks in Yakima

Denny Granstrand dgranstrand at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 16:47:50 PST 2010

Hi Tweeters,

This is an update on my e-mail yesterday. Five of us went to the
house where the Rose-breasted Grosbeak was seen on Nov. 10 that I
reported to Tweeters last night. The woman who reported the first
Rose-breasted Grosbeak has a wonderful yard with numerous feeders.
She showed us photos of a second grosbeak that we are confident is a
second first-year RBGR. The second one was last seen Thursday
afternoon. No grosbeaks

Jeanne, the homeowner, is an avid wildlife photographer. The photos
of the grosbeaks were quite nice. She chatted with us for ten
minutes, then left us to see the birds. Every ten minutes or so she
came out carrying her laptop to show us a photo or to have us identify
a bird in a photo.

We will probably be stopping her place in the next couple of weeks to
see if either of the grosbeaks return.

Denny Granstrand

Denny Granstrand
Yakima, WA