Joe makes call resulting in a few Sorea reactions------Re: [Tweeters] re: Ipods

Bob Flores rflores_2 at msn.com
Sun Nov 28 08:43:37 PST 2010

Hi Dan,

I wish I could with authority answer with better accuracy on how much stress is placed on the birds that are caught or altering their normal daily movements just to be studied. I think we know there is SOME stress with these activities. I do know researchers as a community do control their activities, at least in the USA, when it comes to working with birds. They do it through a permitting process where the proposed actions to be taken are looked at and altered depending on the specifics to meet a more generalized framework. Is it perfect I doubt it do I agree with all I have seen NO!

No perfect answer eh?

Bob Flores