[Tweeters] Snow Bunting at Ridgefield NWR

washingtonbirder.Ken Knittle washingtonbirder at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 24 12:44:05 PST 2010

This morning the Snow Bunting was again seen at Ridgefield NWR between markers 12 and 13 just before the 3 large oak trees along the right side of the road eating or picking up grit. At noon I checked the Washington side of the Columbia River just upstream from the I-5 bridge. The Oregon birders have been seeing some rarities (White-winged & Surf Scoters, Parasitic Jaeger, Tufted Duck, Red-breasted Merganser, Long-tailed Duck-to name a few), however the Washington State side of the bridge was less birdy. I did see 4 Lesser Scaup, 1 Common Goldeneye, 1 Double-crested Cormorant, and 1 Red-necked Grebe.

Ken Knittle
Vancouver WA 98665
Washington Birder online