[Tweeters] Acorn woodpecker photos from 10/1/10

viper.bob at frontier.com viper.bob at frontier.com
Sat Oct 2 12:04:26 PDT 2010

I spent about 4 hours at Magnuson Park yesterday trying to get some good images of this now famous little woodpecker. My patience paid off as I was finally able to get him on a photogenic snag with the sun behind me. Also, while I was waiting around for the woodpecker to cooperate I managed a few shots of the Steller's jays in flight with acorns in their beaks. That was a bit of a challenge but worth the effort. Lots of nice friendly folks showed up to see the woodpecker while I was there.

To see the pictures go to the "last uploads" album of my website www.photos.rlkimages.com

Bob Kothenbeutel
Woodinville