[Tweeters] Battle Ground - Big Sit

Jim Danzenbaker jdanzenbaker at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 14:54:12 PDT 2010

Hi Tweeters,

I decided a Big Sit was in order today so I centered my circle on my back
deck in Battle Ground, Clark County. I was rewarded with two yard firsts
and six species of warblers. The daily list stands at 46. Highlights
included:

Double-crested Cormorant 13 (high daily count)
Turkey Vulture - 23 (1 kettle of 21 at 9:30am)
Red-breasted Sapsucker - 1 (only about twice a year)
White-breasted Nuthatch - 1 (averages 4 times a year)
Pacific Wren - 1 (singing!)
Golden-crowned Kinglet - 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet - 1
BROWN CREEPER - 1 (new for the yard)
Cedar Waxwing - 147
Violet-green Swallow - 67
Varied Thrush - 3
American Robin - 156
Yellow-rumped Warbler - 34
Yellow Warbler - 2 (seems late)
Black-throated Gray Warbler - 6 (high daily count) - 2 adult male, 1 imm
male, 2 imm female, 1 presumed adult female) - great prolonged views!
Common Yellowthroat - 1
Orange-crowned Warbler - 1
TOWNSEND'S WARBLER - 1 (new for the yard)
WESTERN MEADOWLARK - 1 (first since 10/8/2007)
LESSER GOLDFINCH - 4
American Goldfinch - 25 (all packed on two feeders)
Pine Siskin - 16
Purple Finch - 10
Eveninmg Grosbeak - 57

Keep your ears and eyes skyward (except while driving)!

Jim
--
Jim Danzenbaker
Battle Ground, WA