[Tweeters] Identification help please

David Richardson daver at nwlink.com
Sun Oct 3 13:10:08 PDT 2010

Last Friday I was taking pictures in the Skagit valley and had set up near the wild life area looking west. After an hour without event I was packing up and saw a very large bird fly out of the grass near the waters edge about 400 yards away. I managed one shot of it and now find although the image is very poor there are two clear features that can be seen. Very distinct reddish markings on the side and a clear white patch at the base of the tail.
I have posted a cropped and enlarged image

What might it be ?

David Richardson