[Tweeters] Anna's Romancing in Sept/Oct

Beach Dee beachdee at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 4 22:27:47 PDT 2010

Just curious if others have been witnessing ANNA's HUMMERS doing their breeding display flights the past week or two. Have read that their season is Dec to Apr, yet there's at least one pair that has been actively courting around/over our yard. Is this normal in our area? Haven't been in our house here in Edmonds long enough to have some idea what "normal" is (as much as one can ever define it). The female sits on the tip of the (usually) tallest branch of a large shrub and then the male really puts on a show. I certainly do enjoy watching and hearing the little "zippers" much of the time I'm out in the garden. Thanks for any input.

Dee Warnock
Edmonds, WA
beachdee at hotmail.com