[Tweeters] more TV's

Dianna Moore dlmoor2 at coastaccess.com
Tue Oct 5 09:36:58 PDT 2010

Hi Tweets...I drove some folks to Issaquah yesterday (Monday the 4th) and as
usual I watched the skies as well as the road. I was rewarded with three
different sightings of Turkey Vultures; 1 over the golf course in Ocean
Shores, 4 circling just north of Hwy 12 at the Monte-Brady Loop, 2 more
above Hwy 8 near the Elma rest stop.

Yesterday was also the first of fall sighting for me of a Varied Thrush here
in Ocean Shores, foraging in the dried grass and salal along Ocean Shores
Blvd.

Finally, early this morning my feral-born 1 yr old cat brought me an intact
small rat, leaving it outside the door as usual. I spotted it from inside,
but before I could remove it I heard an owl vocalizing (not a call but short
breathy chirpy noises) from above my window. Knowing that is a favorite
perch of the same cat, I surmised there was a confrontation going on...and
sure enough, the Barred Owl then took off and flew away from the roof
overhead.

Dianna Moore
Ocean Shores, Wa.
dlmoor2 at coastaccess.com