[Tweeters] Lewis's Woodpecker "invasion"-- further thoughts

Wilson Cady gorgebirds at juno.com
Tue Oct 5 14:43:41 PDT 2010

Wayne Weber wrote in part: Although there are good numbers in winter in oak-woodland parts of Klickitat County, my impression is that they don’t breed in those areas. (Somebody please correct me if I’m wrong!) I know there are good numbers that breed around Fort Simcoe (Yakima Co.), but I’m not sure if they winter regularly in that locality. Wayne and Tweeters,

Lewis's Woodpeckers do nest in the Klickitat County oak woodlands, I have found numerous nests sites over the years.

Wilson Cady
Washougal, WA

Mortgage Rates Hit 3.25%