[Tweeters] Salt Creek

Diann MacRae tvulture at vei.net
Tue Oct 5 22:30:33 PDT 2010

Hi, Tweets

Not much of a report, really. I was at Salt Creek over last weekend,
but all the vultures seemed to be south of there. Anyway. Salt Creek
is really a great place to bird, usually, but we had about 22 western
grebes in a nice bunch, a few (ca. 9) rhinocerous auklets, 1 young
bald eagle, 1 Pacific loon, a jolly bunch of about 12 black
oystercatchers, a few harlequin ducks, lots and lots of Heermann's
gulls, Olympic gulls, and odds and ends. No turkey vultures! Plus,
two kingfishers spent the day trying to compensate for the lack of
other goings on and flew back and forth with healthy calls . . . constantly.

Cheers, Diann

Diann MacRae
Olympic Vulture Study
22622 - 53rd Avenue S.E.