[Tweeters] Three Forks - Black-throated Gray Warbler

johntubbs at comcast.net johntubbs at comcast.net
Wed Oct 6 12:28:41 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

With such gorgeous weather, I couldn't resist taking a morning walk at Three Forks this morning.  Nothing very unusual, but had two warblers - a Townsend's and a pretty late Black-throated Gray, the latter a hatch-year bird.  (Some Townsend's winter over in western WA, so that one wouldn't be considered late.)

Also, yesterday on a neighborhood walk, I flushed a Western Meadowlark from a sunny grassy area near a mitigation pond - the bird then flew into the rough of the nearby golf course.  Only the third meadowlark I've had in the neighborhood in eight years living here, although I have seen them somewhat more frequently in the Snoqualmie Valley near Fall City at times.

John Tubbs

Snoqualmie, WA

johntubbs at comcast.net