[Tweeters] BC Big Year recrd broken yesterday October5!

Andy Stepniewski steppie at nwinfo.net
Wed Oct 6 18:43:30 PDT 2010

Check out Russell Cannings entry on October 5 where he recounts seeing
Tropical Kingbird and Sharp-tailed Sandpiper at Iona Island (think
Spoon-billed Sandpiper) near Vancouver BC, breaking the old record set by
Mike Toochin, who was right beside him at the time.

Russell now says the pressure is off, and it's time to start birding. But,
is it? Russell sent out a query recently where he asks what birders think
he'll top out at for the year. Check it out...if I were Russell, I'd think
the pressure is still on!

Congratulations Russell!

Andy Stepniewski
Wapato WA