[Tweeters] BC Big Year recrd broken yesterday October5!

Andy Stepniewski steppie at nwinfo.net
Wed Oct 6 18:43:30 PDT 2010

Tweeters,

Check out Russell Cannings entry on October 5 where he recounts seeing
Tropical Kingbird and Sharp-tailed Sandpiper at Iona Island (think
Spoon-billed Sandpiper) near Vancouver BC, breaking the old record set by
Mike Toochin, who was right beside him at the time.

http://bcbigyear.blogspot.com/2010_10_01_archive.html

Russell now says the pressure is off, and it's time to start birding. But,
is it? Russell sent out a query recently where he asks what birders think
he'll top out at for the year. Check it out...if I were Russell, I'd think
the pressure is still on!

Congratulations Russell!

Andy Stepniewski
Wapato WA