[Tweeters] Re: recrudescence

Michael Hobbs BirdMarymoor at frontier.com
Fri Oct 8 15:02:22 PDT 2010

With the following derivation: From Latin recrudescere to become raw again, from re- + crudescere to grow worse, from crudus bloody, raw; see crude

...the phrase "autumnal recrudescence of the amatory urge" takes a definitively pejorative view of concupiscence. Recrudescence is usually used in reference to disease pathologies which reappear after a period of remission. It sounds like this phrase was coined by someone with a distinctly Puritanical perspective...

== Michael Hobbs
== Kirkland, WA
== http://www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== http://www.marymoor.org/BirdBlog.htm