[Tweeters] Early nesting Annas

rccarl at pacbell.net rccarl at pacbell.net
Fri Oct 8 14:41:37 PDT 2010

Anna's are very early nesters, so the courtship could be real, depending on how long they wait to nest, driving the potential grandparents nuts in the process.  In northern California, which has Winter temps just a few degrees higher than Seattle, Anna's nest in January.  Watch those birds and keep your hummer feeders full.

RCC

Richard Carlson

Full-time Birder, Biker and Rotarian

Part-time Economist

Tucson, AZ, Lake Tahoe, CA, & Kirkland, WA

rccarl at pacbell.net

Tucson 520-760-4935

Tahoe 530-581-0624

Kirkland 425-828-3819