[Tweeters] Re: Green Lake Western Grebes

Martin Muller martinmuller at msn.com
Sat Oct 9 13:06:18 PDT 2010

Last Saturday (October 2) during a Seattle Audubon Society stroll around Green Lake we had 5 Western Grebes, 2 Horned Grebes (winter plumage), as well as at least 9 Pied-billed Grebes (in various stages of breeding/winter plumage).

For all three species it was possible to get a pair in the scope and compare the difference in body size and bill size (especially depth) between the sexes. Just to add a challenge to the bird watching.....

Martin Muller, Seattle

More information about the Tweeters mailing list