[Tweeters] Ridgefield NWR, Rest Lake shorebirds

Bob Flores rflores_2 at msn.com
Sun Oct 10 10:19:54 PDT 2010

I went out this morning and found a large group of shorebirds on Rest Lake. Before I was able to scan the group a harrier blew all of the birds off the lake. Some returned and Jim Danzenbaker was out just before I was and he said a lot of birds but nothing un usual. There was a large number of geese, cranes and ducks and a peregrine, Merlin and bald eagle harassing the birds. No willet was seen although it was seen in the afternoon. There were more shorebirds today than I had yesterday.

Bob Flores
Ridgefield, WA