[Tweeters] a few at Discovery Park 10/16

Scott Atkinson scottratkinson at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 16 11:12:52 PDT 2010

Nothing extraordinary but did find a few birds at Discovery this morn, and a beauty of a morn it has been.
Just the usual stuff except for a late SWALLOW, sp. over the south meadow. Of three warbler sp, the most
noteworthy was a late BLACK-THROATED GRAY in a flock between the north parking lot and the Daybreak
Indian Center. This could be the same bird I had back on the 5th, on which date there was another along
nearby Gilman Ave in close proximity to Dave Hutchinson's Flora and Fauna books.

This was my latest but I recall two old November records from the same spot, and then there's that once
Seattle CBC record (I'd have to check with 'ol Gene but I believe that bird was over by Seward Park though).
For a behavioral highlight, a Sharpie chasing a Hermit Thrush at close range was of note uphill of the
Daybreak Center; the thrush survived.

Scott Atkinson
Lake Stevens
mail to: scottratkinson at hotmail.com