[Tweeters] Ridgefield White-throated Sparrows and Slate-colored Junco

Tyler Hicks tyler_hicks at wsu.edu
Sat Oct 16 08:42:35 PDT 2010

Tweeters,

I've had a few White-throated Sparrows in the Ridgefield area over the past week.

1 - Carty Unit, Ridgefield NWR, just over the railroad tracks in the blackberry thickets
1 - in a blackberry bramble along a footpath at the end of 8th St. Ct. in Ridgefield (one wintered here last year)
1 - at my feeders for the past three days

I've also had a male Slate-colored Junco at my feeders for the past few days. The range maps show them as occurring here but I rarely see them among the swarms of Oregon juncos.

Cheers,

Tyler

Tyler L. Hicks

Ph.D. Student
Washington State University Vancouver

E-mail: tyler_hicks at wsu.edu
Web Page: http://thingswithwings.org

"Back off man, I'm a scientist." Bill Murray, Ghostbusters.