[Tweeters] Return of the shrike

Jeffrey Bryant jbryant_68 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 16 09:24:58 PDT 2010

THis morning, harsh calls from a cedar top by my South Seattle house proved to
be from a NORTHERN SHRIKE, my first of the season.  Yardbird #107 was in full
Halloween-party mode, bobbing for kinglets in the branches below.  After a few
unsuccessful dives, he was driven on by three persnickety hummingbirds.
Other fall arrivals to the yard were flyover Evening Grosbeaks (everyday for two
weeks now,) a Golden-crowned Sparrow tucked into the junco flock, and a pair of
Townsend's Warblers, perhaps the same pair that overwintered last year.

Jeff Bryant
Seattle
jbryant_68 AT yahoo