[Tweeters] finches in Seattle

Dennis Paulson dennispaulson at comcast.net
Sat Oct 16 17:47:55 PDT 2010

Hello, tweets.

To my great delight, I just had a pair of Evening Grosbeaks at a feeder. A half-dozen flew over on September 27, but other than those, I had not seen them in or from the yard since 1998.

Is there anyone in the Seattle city limits who has had these birds regularly over the years? Has anyone just recently had an experience similar to mine?

American Goldfinch is another species I can go several years without seeing, but one was at the same feeder yesterday. This is a veritable finch invasion! Both species fed liberally for several minutes, then departed.

Dennis Paulson
1724 NE 98 St.
Seattle, WA 98115
dennispaulson at comcast.net