[Tweeters] Cowlitz County Gulls

Russ Koppendrayer russkope at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 11:51:23 PDT 2010

Hi Tweeters,
At 11:00 AM today (10/16/10) there were 3 Bonaparte's Gulls as well as a
Western Gull and a Thayer's Gull in the flock at the mouth of the Kalama
River. The best vantage is from the end of Sportman Club Rd. From I-5 exit
32- go west on Kalama River Rd. 0.5 miles to a left onto Sportman Club Rd.
This is a private road that deadends at a public access to the Columbia
River just downstream of the Kalama River mouth. Look upstream to the
sandbar that may disappear during some high tides. Going back toward I-5 and
crossing the Kalama at the bridge into the Industial Area and getting behind
the businesses to the mouth of the river will give another view of this area
that may be good at certain tidal conditions.
Russ Koppendrayer
Longview,WA.
russkopeATgmailDOTcom