[Tweeters] Black-backed Woodpecker at Bethel Ridge

Gary Kelsberg kelsberg at u.washington.edu
Sun Oct 17 21:45:41 PDT 2010

We followed the directions that Andy Stepniewski provided in his August 2nd sportsyakima.com article ( http://sportsyakima.com/2010/08/wildlife-moment-%E2%80%94-it%E2%80%99s-clean-living-for-this-picky-woodpecker/) and had wonderful looks at a Black-backed Woodpecker, a life bird for both Sarah and me (a bird I'd tried several times before to find). Also, spectacular scenery with Mt. Adams and Mt. Rainier in the sun and the Western Larches gold against the burnt forest. Numerous others: Hairy Woodpeckers, American Robins, Varied Thrushes, Dark-eyed Juncos, Mountain Chickadees, and Orange-clad Riflemen in 4WD Trucks.
Gary Kelsberg
kelsberg at u.washington.edu