[Tweeters] Westerm Scrub-Jays near Cemter for Urban Horticulture (Seattle)

William Boyington wrboyington at msn.com
Sat Oct 23 11:48:13 PDT 2010

Hello, Tweeters

This morning I found a pair of the Western Scrub-Jays just north of the picnic tables near the west end of the CUH. One was holding an acorn. They are harvesting them (as are Steller's Jays) from an oak tree just east of the Children's Center at Laurel Village, a brown building, on Mary Gates Way and bringing them to somewhere in the vicinity of the west end of the CUH. In my brief stay, I was not sure if there weren't more than a pair of the scrub-jays, though I never saw more than two at any one time, just a lot of activity into and out of the oak tree.

Good birding,

Bill Boyington
Shoreline, WA