[Tweeters] Early Snow Bunting

Jim Flynn merlinmania at comcast.net
Sat Oct 23 22:14:21 PDT 2010

Hi Tweets,

A quick note from Eastern Washington - Yesterday (Friday the 22nd) Marissa Benavente and I birded our way across the Waterville Plateau up to Omak. After birding in Leavenworth we only had about two hours left to bird on the Waterville. There weren't many waterbirds at the S. end of Jameson Lake but we did have a few highlights elsewhere.

The best  bird was an early Snow Bunting along Heritage Road (also known as L NE), just North of 9 NE. There were about 100 Horned Larks and 1 Pipit in the area, although the bunting was flying solo.

We also saw a Northern Shrike on a rough back road east of Jameson Lake and 4 Rough-legged Hawks. One Roughie was on Hwy 2, east of the town of Waterville and three were in one small area along 9 NE and L NE.

Good birding,

Jim Flynn
Seattle, WA

Good birding,