[Tweeters] Red-breasted WPs and Anna's Hummers-----Sometimes when it rains, nice things happen.

notcalm at comcast.net notcalm at comcast.net
Mon Oct 25 01:59:37 PDT 2010

Hello,

This weekend I had the pleasure of watching a Red-breasted Sapsucker drilling new sap wells, among the historic, into our Birch tree. A male and a female Anna's hummer have settled into our immediate environment for the season. Nice to hear the chittering "song" each day. Both have very beautiful plumage. On Saturday, I watched at close range, as the female visited the sap wells and was fly- catching some small, light- colored insect, then positioned her beautiful green back to the pure, between showers, sun light. This was the first I have seen this activity this late in the year.

Sometimes when it rains, nice things happen.

Dan Reiff
Mercer Island