[Tweeters] RFI: Seeking "chickens" in the Winthrop-area (and the Okanogan)

Adam Sedgley sedge.thrasher at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 18:43:39 PDT 2010

Hello Tweets,

I will be spending some time birding around the Winthrop area this weekend
with the ability to do day trips further east to the Okanogan. I have not
birded this area much and would welcome recommendations on where to find:

- *Dusky Grouse*: I understand that Sun Mountain Lodge is reliable: any
tips? Any other spots?
- *Spruce Grouse*
- *Sharp-tailed Grouse*: anyone have any tips on where to find STGR in
late October?
- *Gray Partridge*
- *Mixed sparrow flocks*: any good locations to find mixed flocks of
sparrows? I am looking for Harris's, specifically (Bridgeport State Park?).
- *Gull roosting sites*: I imagine that Pateros to Brewster are good
sites: is this correct? Are there better spots?

Thank you everyone for your help.

Adam

--
Adam Sedgley