[Tweeters] Ancient Murlets for photographers

cgluckman at aol.com cgluckman at aol.com
Fri Oct 29 16:00:47 PDT 2010

As a followup to Bob Whitney's post of the last few days. There have been 2 to 5 Ancient Murlets feeding within 30 yards off the Point Wilson rocks readily available for big lens photographers. They only stay up around 3 seconds so you have to be quick but they were fishing on an outgoing tide today from when I go there at 2 and stayed until 3pm when I had to leave, (11:15 high tide). They'd dive and appear downstream then dive and reappear where they first went down about 5 minutes later. I've shot them off a boat before but this was better. They could be there most of the day but I don't know what their patterns are with a very high low tide.

David Gluckman
811 22nd St.
Pt. Townsend, WA 98368
360 379-0360