[Tweeters] Cowlitz County White-winged Scoter

Russ Koppendrayer russkope at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 17:31:24 PDT 2010

Hi Tweeters,
Between 2:00 and 2:30PM today (9/21/10) I observed a WHITE-WINGED SCOTER at
Coldwater Lake. I was on the boardwalk when it flew past very nearby and low
to the water. It flew around the point toward the boat launch area. After
walking over there I relocated the bird which finally flew out into the more
open part of the lake and was last seen near the big rock dome island. Also
in the boat launch area was an AMERICAN DIPPER working the rocky shoreline.
A hike around the Hummocks Trail loop prove anticlimatic with a few flocks
of mixed chickadees, warblers, kinglets, and sparrows of expected species.
Russ Koppendrayer
Longview, Wa.