[Tweeters] Summer Bird Reports

Brad Waggoner wagtail at sounddsl.com
Mon Aug 1 20:10:26 PDT 2011

Hello fellow tweets,

Yesterday marked the last day of the summer nesting season, at least
when it comes to rare bird reporting. Although we were cheated out of
summer-like weather, it is time for me to request summer bird reports
(June & July). Ryan Merrill (FieldNotes at wos.org) compiles records for
WOS Field Notes and I keep tabs of unusual bird sightings for North
American Birds. To be clear, an "Unusual Sighting" could be any of the
following:

1) rare species (either a state rarity or a bird rare in a particular
locality, e.g. Fork-tailed Storm-Petrels in the San Juan Islands)
2) early, late, or out-of-season dates for migrants and seasonal
residents (e.g. Tundra Swan at Juanita in July)
3) high-number counts for any species

To keep reporting as simple as possible, you can send reports via e-mail
to either Ryan or me, since we routinely share the reports. Please
include the species seen, number recorded, place recorded, and any other
interesting information. We will make sure the reports end up in the
right venue. Please send reports by August 15.

Thanks and good birding,

Brad Waggoner
Bainbridge Island
mailto:wagtail at sounddsl.com