[Tweeters] Am White Pelican on Okanogan River

Douglas Canning dcanning at igc.org
Wed Aug 3 19:19:12 PDT 2011

Tweets --

Today I received a report of 30 American White Pelican on the shore of
the Okanogan River, across from Sand Flat, ~3 miles NE of Omak, on July
31st.

In my experience, I've seen AWP in Okanogan County only at two
locations on Lake Pateros: near the boat launch south of Starr (10 in
Sept. 1998); and at Cassimer Bar (44 in Sept. 2002; multiple sightings
in early June 2003).

Does anyone know of other sightings of AWP on the river? It might be
that the high flow on the river this year has created some temporary
habitat for them.

Thanks,

Doug

Douglas Canning