[Tweeters] Eurasian Collared-Doves residing in Anacortes

Kristi Hein khc at picturesandwords.com
Fri Aug 5 15:15:30 PDT 2011

Hi Tweeters,

The pair of doves I reported last May has been in our neighborhood ever
since. That is, we hear them every day and see them nearly that often.
They seem to like the edge of the forest lands and make forays into the
various yard trees (fortunately, there are many mature trees in our
older development). We haven't noticed any increase, just the two, so
apparently they haven't nested here, yet. Nor have they approached our
feeders, which makes sense, as we have no accessible platform-type
feeders. But someone else may be feeding them.

Good birding,

Kristi Hein
Anacortes
khc