[Tweeters] Duck ID

retief at deweydrive.com retief at deweydrive.com
Tue Aug 9 13:39:17 PDT 2011

Thank you, and the others, who so graciously replied without calling me a dummy
for knowing :-).

You have all provided me with a bunch of good reading, and an education as
well.

If I understand this correctly then, this bird could be an "escapee", or just a
result of a mating by a bird on the fly with a domestic bird? This is pretty
interesting reading, I never really thought about "Designer Ducks" before, but
why not, since we now have "Designer Dogs".

When this occurs, finding one in the wild this way, do they then breed true, or
do they just get mixed into the gene pool and what shows up, shows up?
Obviously this bird did not have any problem with finding a mate.